Description: Baby overalls with front pocket, elastic back and straps with snap buttons.
Pattern: Burdastyle Baby Overalls
Fabric Used: Printed Cotton from Spotlight
Spotlight has had some pretty gorgeous fabric for kids lately so I ended up buying up a heap and created these cute little baby overalls to test out the pattern. My friends little bub is pretty chubby so I made the largest size available, which is shown below.
I recently made the BurdaStyle Pleated Baby Dress for a friend and loved the project so much I wanted to try a few more children’s clothing patterns. So my next sewing project included the BurdaStyle reversible bucket hat and the See Kate Sew Baby Teether.
I tested out the reversible bucket hats with a few different combinations of lining and decided that one layer of iron-on interfacing gave the perfect stiffness. If you don’t include some sort of interfacing it becomes too floppy to wear. Especially because you can flip the front flap up to reveal the different colour fabric underneath.
I’ve recently created this adorable BurdaStyle Pleated Baby Dress by BurdaStyle for a friend who just found out they’re having a baby girl. I created the two different matching fabric’s on Spoon Flower, which you can purchase on my online Sixteen Stitches Spoon Flower shop.
The pattern came with a few different alternatives such as cap sleeves, full sleeves and even a different back. I decided to try both sleeve versions making one dress longer than the other.
From the time it took me to cut the paper pattern, sew it up and then hand-stitch the edging it was a total of 2.5 hours for both dresses. I used snaps for the buttons since they’re not only easy to install on your garments, they’re also perfect for children and babies. Overall it’s the perfect little baby dress and the design itself it just so cute!
Each year we do a dress up party for our work Christmas party and it’s fitting because it’s a sewing and embroidery company. Some people opt to make their own costumes, while others order their outfits online. This year when browsing through ideas I saw the 50’s Pop Art theme and since I’ve always being a huge fan or Roy Lichtenstein I was keen to make my own dress.
This was mostly a mash up between my previous Lekala Dress top and also the Butterick 5949 skirt. I also just added to two yellow panels to break up the red and blue dots.
Here is a photo of me and my co-worker Michelle who also made her own 50s dress from New Look pattern 6824.
Pattern: Skirt – BurdaStyle Gold Lame Skirt, Shirt – Tie Front Blouse
Skirt – A straight silhouette with flattering pleats is nice and professional. This skirt hits just above the knee, so you can wear it anywhere.
Shirt – Loose fitted Blouse with large wrap around tie.
Fabric used: Skirt – Thick Jeans material, Shirt – Cotton
Pattern: BurdaStyle Round Neck Blouse
Description: This fashionable blouse is easy to sew and falls semi-loosely to the hips.
Fabric used: Polyester/Rayon and ribbing.
This blouse was definitely easy to sew and took about an hour to complete. I printed out the pattern and made the full length blouse. After fitting it I realised that the sleeves and bottom were both a little long. Therefore, I cut about 10cm off both and attached the ribbing. It’s a very cute, loose fitting blouse that you can wear comfortably with jeans.
Pattern: BurdaStyle #101
Description: Minnie Mouse dress up costume using a BurdaStyle Dress with gathered skirt, fitted top and sleeves.
Fabric used: Cotton and a tulle underlay
I made this dress for a friends 30th Disney Dress up party (ordering the ears on ebay). I started with the Dress with Gathered Rectangle skirt by BurdaStyle. The main alterations were omitting the small sleeve from the dress top front and back. Once this was done I was able to add full sleeves and a small white collar.